• Federal, state and local tax planning and consultation for corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and individuals.
• Ad valorem tax challenges before local Boards of Review, the Louisiana Tax Commission and the courts, including businesses, individuals, and special properties such as Section 42 affordable housing developments.
• Representation before the Internal Revenue Service and the Louisiana Department of Revenue.
• Divorce planning and property settlement consultation and controversies.
• Preparation of marital (prenuptial) agreements.
• Design and administration of qualified and non-qualified plans.
• Preparation, review and administration of Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs).
• Plan corrections under the Internal Revenue Service Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System (EPCRS), the Department of Labor Delinquent Filer Voluntary Correction Program (DFVCP), and the Department of Labor Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program (VFCP).
• Plan amendment and termination, including Form 5310 determination letter filing.
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
• Representation of either buyer and seller and preparation and/or review of purchase agreements and related documents.
• Coordination of various specialties as needed for the transaction.
• ERISA representation in connection with mergers & acquisitions.
• Planning for taxable and non-taxable estates, including community property and forced heirship planning.
• Preparation of wills, living wills, powers of attorney and trusts.
• Complete handling and administration of successions under Louisiana law, from filing the will to obtaining the Judgment of Possession.
CORPORATE & BUSINESS
• General business and corporate legal advice and consultation.
• Formation and dissolution of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
• Negotiation of individual employment agreements.